• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anybody heard of Greythorn?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an email from them earlier, the usual blurb. Thanks for sending us your CV we've updated you iProfile...

I've never sent them a CV since I don't use agencies and haven't done for years. I thought I had long managed to ditch iProfile for the bag of tulipe it is so deleted it yet again.

Does anybody actually use iProfile?
    Me, me, me...

I got one of those today too - also having sent nothing to agencies for years. I just ignored it, like most things I don't understand.

Comment

I didn't get one.

I feel left out now

Comment

Since I changed my status to searchable on Jobserve and CWJobs a couple of weeks ago, I've had a few of these "thanks for sending us your c.v." emails out of the blue from people I've never heard of.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

What's the flippin' point in them doing this, unless they demand up-front fees, which I don't think is legal anyway?

I suppose the only marginal advantage might be to build up a network of direct contractor contacts, to avoid the modest (?) advertising fees on sites like Jobserve (and to avoid publicising contracts for other agencies to filch).
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            What's the flippin' point in them doing this?
            Because...

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            to build up a network of direct contractor contacts, to avoid the advertising fees on sites like Jobserve
            and to increase the chances of them getting hold of the best contractors for the role before another agency does.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Because...

and to increase the chances of them getting hold of the best contractors for the role before another agency does.
              May I suggest that when an agency you don't know and didn't contact calls you about a contract, you stall for a day? At least some of the agencies that you have worked with before will call you soon enough.
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

He-Man's Castle wasn't it ?

Oh wait..that was Grayskull...(American spelling)
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

Oh wait..that was Grayskull...(American spelling)
                  You stole my line
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

No - Tarzan's castle ?

Comment

Working...
                    X