• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Declaring tax avoidance schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Declaring tax avoidance schemes

A couple I years ago I was naive enough to use the Talent/Hadden/Batchworth whatever you want to call it scheme.

I have now gone the limited company route and am doing my self assessment tax return for the first time. I have chosen the the option that I used a tax avoidance scheme and it is asking me for a scheme registration number (SRN) which Talent do not have as they are based offshore.

It looks like I need to fill in form AAG2 on the HMRC website to self declare the scheme. Does anyone know if this gives you a SRN. Has anyone gone through this process before and have any advice to offer. In the absence of any useful advice can anyone recommend a company that can help with these sort of things.

Thanks
    David

Help

Originally posted by davetza View Post
    A couple I years ago I was naive enough to use the Talent/Hadden/Batchworth whatever you want to call it scheme.

I have now gone the limited company route and am doing my self assessment tax return for the first time. I have chosen the the option that I used a tax avoidance scheme and it is asking me for a scheme registration number (SRN) which Talent do not have as they are based offshore.

It looks like I need to fill in form AAG2 on the HMRC website to self declare the scheme. Does anyone know if this gives you a SRN. Has anyone gone through this process before and have any advice to offer. In the absence of any useful advice can anyone recommend a company that can help with these sort of things.

Thanks
    David
    <mod>Please read T&Cs re advertising. Happy for you to provide professional advice to the community, but blatant advertising and referring links are not permitted.</mod>

Comment

Can you not get in touch with someone from Talent?

If the scheme involved a loan then it may not need to be declared.

I would be wary of taking advice from anyone who isn't totally familiar with the scheme.

Comment

Working...
      X