• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Boom

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8469648.stm

The number of people unemployed in the UK has fallen unexpectedly for the first time in 18 months.

Total unemployment stood at 2.46 million for the three months to November, down 7,000 on the figure for the previous three months.

Gordon does it again!

End of recession, unemployment falling, best economy in the western world.

It doesn't get much better than this!

Please remember all this come the election this spring.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8469648.stm

The number of people unemployed in the UK has fallen unexpectedly for the first time in 18 months.

Total unemployment stood at 2.46 million for the three months to November, down 7,000 on the figure for the previous three months.

Gordon does it again!

End of recession, unemployment falling, best economy in the western world.

It doesn't get much better than this!

Please remember all this come the election this spring.
    You know I am kinda thinking that this would NOT have happened under the Tories
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Indeed, Labour's handling of the crisis was exemplary - propping up the banks with taxpayer cash in particular.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Indeed, Labour's handling of the crisis was exemplary - propping up the banks with taxpayer cash in particular.
        It's amazing what can be achieved by one man and a trillion $$ of other people's money. That's what I always say.

Comment

any figures for incapacity benefit claimants over the same period?
          Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            It's amazing what can be achieved by one man and a trillion $$ of other people's money. That's what I always say.

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
              any figures for incapacity benefit claimants over the same period?
              Any figures for people who left unemployment benefit and went on income support?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Any figures for people who left unemployment benefit and went on income support?
                Or for that matter ended up with worse paying jobs and getting Working Tax Credits?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Sorry, I've been away so long I'm turning foweign. Wot is a 'working tax credit'?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Sorry, I've been away so long I'm turning foweign. Wot is a 'working tax credit'?
                    A job creation scheme whereby a bunch of Labour voters are paid to return taxes that some other labour voters paid to the exchequer.
                    The 1st bunch of Labour voters can also claim tax credits. This neccesitates another bunch of labour Voters to process the claims of this new bunch. And so on ad infinitum.

The obvious solution to lower taxes so you don't have to return them creates no new jobs for Labour voters so is not considered.

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X