• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eon gas trying to move me from British Gas without my permission, they won't stop.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eon gas trying to move me from British Gas without my permission, they won't stop.

I got a phone call from British Gas 7th Jan 2010 telling me that there was a possible unauthorised change request to move my account to EON Gas and indeed there was I never asked to have this done and never have spoken to EON.

Turns out a neighbour wanted to switch to EON instead so I called up EON and spoke to a chap and he said he would sort it out and put a stop to it (got his name and extension).

Got a letter yesterday dated 14th Jan 2010 from EON associating my address with a neighbours' bank account details, I informed the neighbour and handed him the letter, also I got a letter today dated 12th Jan 2010 from British Gas stating sorry you are leaving us but here is your our number if you change your mind.

Seems like EON didn't put a stop to the unauthorized transfer of my business with British Gas.

What would be the best way to threaten EON ? I've already asked them to sort it out and they cannot or won't do it. Is there an Obudsman Gas Supplier Industry Regulator (!) that you can complain to ? EON seem like a waste of space, its taking me time to sort out which I don't really have.

Ofgem - the Office of the Gas and Electricity Markets.

EDIT: check out Ofgem's "Consumers" page first, but there's also The Energy Ombudsman.

Comment

Thanks Nick, I'll be saying "OfGem, OfGem, OfGem" quite alot tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X