• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flange

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flange

Where does the term "flange" as a term for females come from? Google isn't my friend on this.

So it's down to those pesky engineers then?
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Urban Dictionary agrees and has some more detail.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I built a flanger effects box once. It was a kit from Maplins. Though to be honest, it didn't work as well as the BOSS pedal I subsequently bought.

Is that relevant?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I built a flanger effects box once. It was a kit from Maplins. Though to be honest, it didn't work as well as the BOSS pedal I subsequently bought.

Is that relevant?
          Oh I built that one too.

Didn't the BOSS make a nasty thump occasionally when switched in.

I always felt the "Electric Mistress" flanger was better and best on the market, until, that is, I designed and built my own.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            Didn't the BOSS make a nasty thump occasionally when switched in.
            I can't remember, but my DIY effort made all sorts of horrible noises.

The one I really liked was the delay pedal, which instantly made you sound as good as Dave Gilmour. Or looking at it the other way, instantly made you realise that Dave Gilmour was no better than a 16 year old with a Fender Strat rip off who could find the £100 to buy a delay pedal.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

instantly made you realise that Dave Gilmour was no better than a 16 year old with a Fender Strat rip off who could find the £100 to buy a delay pedal.
              The Edge

Comment

Vic Flange in Carry on Abroad - Sid James, my hero and a long time role model.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  Where does the term "flange" as a term for females come from? Google isn't my friend on this.
                  Interesting that my 'Dictionary of slang and unconventional English' (8th edition, 1984) defines it as the 'Corona Glandis'

So it's usage to mean 'minge' must be fairly recent.

Comment

I can't remember, but my DIY effort made all sorts of horrible noises.

The one I really liked was the delay pedal, which instantly made you sound as good as Dave Gilmour. Or looking at it the other way, instantly made you realise that Dave Gilmour was no better than a 16 year old with a Fender Strat rip off who could find the £100 to buy a delay pedal.
                    So can you play both solo's from Comfortably Numb with or without a delay pedal? With the same expression? On an acoustic guitar?

Perhaps not
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X