• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If householders had guns there'd be less gun crime ... ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If householders had guns there'd be less gun crime ... ?

Link.

Gang shoot Belfast homeowner to get guns

Legally-held guns have been stolen from two houses in west Belfast, with one man being shot when he refused to give a gang his firearms.

The first robbery happened at about 1830 GMT on Wednesday in Larkspur Rise off the Suffolk Road. A man in his 30s was shot in the leg when he refused to hand over weapons to a three-strong gang.

Just 45 minutes later three men forced the occupant of a house on Ballymurphy Road to hand over firearms.
    Now if only these householders had guns to protect themselves...
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Link.

Now if only these householders had guns to protect themselves...
    Legally they're locked up and difficult to access quickly. Keep one under yer pillow on the other hand...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

It's the choice that one makes - die fighting on your feet, or die begging on your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's the choice that one makes - die fighting on your feet, or die begging on your knees.
        Not much difference if you're going to wind up dead anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Not much difference if you're going to wind up dead anyway.
          If I could choose I'd certainly prefer to go down fighting, rather than begging. It may not make much differerence for me, but it may for others - it's called "deterrent" effect.

Comment

It seems that neither of these were options in these two cases

Comment

If I could choose I'd certainly prefer to go down fighting, rather than begging. It may not make much differerence for me, but it may for others - it's called "deterrent" effect.
              As usual, you haven't got a bloody clue!

Talk us through the scenario, you own firearms and in accordance with the law they are locked away securely.

I and two of my already armed mates burst into your house to steal your weapons.

What do you do?
              Last edited by Churchill; 21 January 2010, 06:58.

Comment

Fights hard to avoid being forced onto his knees
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Fights hard to avoid being forced onto his knees
                  For clarification : HAB is not in my team!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    For clarification : HAB is not in my team!
                    That's not a shotgun under his coat, he's just pleased to see you.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X