• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Car Credit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Car Credit

Yes Car Credit are finished (despite 29.8% apr) and add another 800 people to the other 10,000 that joined the great unwashed this month.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch though
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Was it a commission driven business - a model adored by Dodgy-Agent so much?

Comment

Yes but 800 more unemployed means 800 more potential customers for the Provvy @ 150% APR.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
          Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch though
          Why's that Tony? Did they sell you a dodgy car?

Comment

I thought their girly was quite a cutey (albeit a bit stunty and with an annoying voice, but you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire).

Comment

"Why's that Tony? Did they sell you a dodgy car?"

No it is the fact that the actively targeted people with bad credit ratings and sold the dodgy cars (watchdog) at huge rates of interest. Kind of like a loan shark in the second hand car world.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You have to charge high rates of interest if your customer base is those with poor credit ratings. At the end of the day, no one made these people take out a 30% loan to buy a second hand banger. Okay, maybe they preyed on the stupid (what company doesn't?), but they didn't do anything illegal, and they paid the ultimate price for targeting high risk customers.

Comment

It wasn't just the high prices, it was the undrehand tactics and dodgy cars they were selling. They were on watchdog often.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Well, the market has spoken and they've paid the price. I'm not going to shed a tear over their passing either.

Comment

Working...
                    X