• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MS-CCSVI-UK Video Update

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-CCSVI-UK Video Update

Linky Here.

It's a 2 parter, and when the 1st part ends, there is a button on the video to take you to the second part.

If you know anyone with Multiple Sclerosis (MS), or who supports someone with MS, please let them know about CCSVI and the UK Group which is fighting for new research.

Thank you.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Hey BGG

Not sure if you saw the Doc from the MS Society and a fellow MS sufferer on BBC news this morning? They were talking about the new breakthrough research, the successful trial results and the battle to get the NHS to provide "the pill". The doc on the programme mentioned a period of about a year before the appropriate licenses could be obtained and he had no idea of the proposed costs of the drug.

All the best.

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8470138.stm

Comment

Hi Oracle, yes I did thank you.

The biggest hurdle we face in the UK is that the UK MS Society have said that they don't feel the the CCSVI reseach as being important. Based on their Opinion.

Which is why I did have a bit of a rant in part 2 of the video. They have seriously peeved off the MS community.

I didn't swear or anything, but my friend said "All you need is a balaclava and an AK47, that was a bit hardline". Thoughts ? Was the message too strong ?

Then in the next breath, the UK MS Society say "But we have lots of exciting new drugs and a drug pipeline up until 2015 which the Pharma's are funding".

Am I being cynical by seeing their "in the bed with the Pharma's" as not exactly in my best interests, if they won't even recognise non-Pharma research ?
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
        X