• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"IT contractors axed over CV lies"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"IT contractors axed over CV lies"

This article on ContractorUK dressed up as news is nothing more than product placement for Powerchex.

Yet it is a useful service. I feel these things should really be encouraged. People with fake CVs should be put in stocks in the town square as a warning.

I've had several instances of identity theft, where people have gained jobs by taking a copy of my CV and putting their own contact details on it, and a couple where we even went for the same gig. Not a nice experience at all. Especially when two of the places required a higher level clearance, and all the fallout crap that entailed.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Could we have a service for checking that job specs are not full of lies?

Hmmm, I didn't think so!
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Could we have a service for checking that job specs are not full of lies?

Hmmm, I didn't think so!
        "IT Recruiters axed over job lies"?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          "IT Recruiters axed over job lies"?
          One of my clients banned a 'gressive agency because they lied about markup.

Comment

If a company does not have an employee that can give a grilling for half an hour in an interview to detect if someone is telling porkies then they should not be hiring contractors.

Companies will be outsourcing arse wiping soon at this rate to compensate for the uselessness of the permies.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              If a company does not have an employee that can give a grilling for half an hour in an interview to detect if someone is telling porkies then they should not be hiring contractors.

Companies will be outsourcing arse wiping soon at this rate to compensate for the uselessness of the permies.
              If I remember the article this was a case of the untruths being detected at renewal time. How useless does a manager have to be not to notice that somebody can't do the job in 6 months, and then offer them another 6 months?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

+1

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  If I remember the article this was a case of the untruths being detected at renewal time. How useless does a manager have to be not to notice that somebody can't do the job in 6 months, and then offer them another 6 months?
                  Alternatively, if they've been doing the job OK for 6 months, then why go to the expense and bother of checking them out, and then the extra expense of downtime and recruitment of replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    Alternatively, if they've been doing the job OK for 6 months, then why go to the expense and bother of checking them out, and then the extra expense of downtime and recruitment of replacements.
                    To cover the fact that the original job spec was so badly framed that it would exclude people who could actually do the job.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X