• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

owwww

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

owwww

my head hurts..

.. arrived at my desk at 10:40
    .. was out with the office manager and a colleague last night so anything other than "I slept straight through my alarm" wouldn't really pass

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    my head hurts..

.. was out with the office manager and a colleague last night so anything other than "I slept straight through my alarm" wouldn't really pass

Hopefully they only got to their desks at 10:39.... and will still sign the timesheet!

Comment

I have a client who organised the daily scrums to be at 10:30 am. To fit in with the arrival time of the senior manager. Who often never attended anyway.

Can you think of a dumber time to organise a meeting with developers!

Think that deserves it's own thread...
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        I have swine flu

.. was out with the office manager and a colleague last night so anything other than "I got ill duing the night. Now which one of you gave it to me" wouldn't really pass

FTFY
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          I have a client who organised the daily scrums to be at 10:30 am. To fit in with the arrival time of the senior manager. Who often never attended anyway.

Can you think of a dumber time to organise a meeting with developers!

Think that deserves it's own thread...
          I worked at a bank that used to have meetings at 7:30, bastards. Another place used to have the daily scrum at 12:45 so we could all go to lunch together afterwards excpt for those poor bugger, like me, who also worked on other projects and so had to attend other meetings. This project as a bugger for meetings, looking in my diary for one day shows:

8:30 - 10:30 weekly team meeting
          10:30 - 12:30 development meeting
          12:45 -13:00 daily scrum
          14:00 - 16:00 was 2 meetings in one, the first half was to discuss a meeting 2 days later, the second half was a status meeting
          16:00 - 20:00 various teleconferences
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            I worked at a bank...

14:00 - 16:00 to discuss a meeting 2 days later
            So it does happen in the private sector too. That is such a relief!
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
            X