• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now this is REAL indicator that the Recession is coming to an end

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now this is REAL indicator that the Recession is coming to an end

Real Talk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8471500.stm
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Profits up by a huge cost cutting exercise and laying off lots of people.

You can't raise profits like that forever.

Hence why we'll see a double dip soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Does cost cutting mean that I can't get 2 pints of latte (AKA a regular) anymore.
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

"He admitted at the time that the company had opened too many branches, which had resulted in stores taking business from each other, and the company's upmarket brand image being tarnished."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "He admitted at the time that the company had opened too many branches, which had resulted in stores taking business from each other, and the company's upmarket brand image being tarnished."
          - yeah that and their coffee is tulipe - I wont touch it with a barge pole
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I read somewhere they saw an increase in business as a direct result in the rise in unemployment. i.e. the unemployed would go along for a coffee while reading the jobs section of the paper or on there lappy.

So expect less profit next year as Mr Brown gets everyone in a job.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Cafe Nero for me...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Cafe Nero for me...
                Have you tried the Milano hot chocolate? Calorific to the extreme divine to taste though, as is often the way.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That's mostly the US isn't it?

And as it's a well-known fact that the UK is in a far stronger position than anyone else to emerge from recession, because Gordon told us, boom times are a-rolling!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I read somewhere they saw an increase in business as a direct result in the rise in unemployment. i.e. the unemployed would go along for a coffee while reading the jobs section of the paper or on there lappy.
                    Whoever wrote that is away with the fairies in cloud cuckoo land.

The unemployed do not buy newspapers; they read them in the Job Centre or the Library or the Job Club.

The unemployed do not need to go to retail outlets to use their laptop. They use the terminals in the Job Centre, the PCs in the Library, the PCs in the Job Club or, most likely, their PC at home.

The unemployed do not sit in coffee shops buying coffee. They sit in Wetherspoons drinking lager.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X