• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never be afraid to cut and run.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never be afraid to cut and run.

Start a new job and find that you've been handed the tulipey end of a stick.

Nottinghamshire police force in a mess.

"Last month the interim chief executive of the force's police authority left his job after just two months in the role.

David Wilcock criticised a "lack of capability" among key staff as well as a poor staffing structure."

I've never seen a policeman outside of the city centre. The police station close to me is permanently shut...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Start a new job and find that you've been handed the tulipey end of a stick.

Nottinghamshire police force in a mess.

"Last month the interim chief executive of the force's police authority left his job after just two months in the role.

David Wilcock criticised a "lack of capability" among key staff as well as a poor staffing structure."

I've never seen a policeman outside of the city centre. The police station close to me is permanently shut...
    Really, I see coppers and toy coppers (whatever they are called) in Sherwood all the time (but I am a burglar, I am glad they are there or I might get me head stoved in by an angry home owner with a cricket bat)
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

David Wilcock criticised a "lack of capability" among key staff...."
      If only Gordon Brown had done the same.
      Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

The last big case they successfully prosecuted was getting Much the millers son sent down for two years for selling white powder and going equipped to be an outlaw.

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

An interim manager walked? What a ratbag. Interims aren't supposed to walk, FFS, they're paid not to. Interim management in senior roles pays stupid money - he may have been on more than £1,500 per day.

They must have taken on a useless numpty. (Edit: I can't find him on LinkedIn so I reckon he is a numpty. He was probably a permie manager somewhere else and took that as a fixed term contract. What a loser.)

I've never seen a policeman outside of the city centre.
          That's the same everywhere. I haven't seen a copper outside a Police car for about two years.
          Last edited by RichardCranium; 21 January 2010, 11:52.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            An interim manager walked? What a ratbag. Interims aren't supposed to walk, FFS, they're paid not to. Interim management in senior roles pays stupid money - he may have been on more than £1,500 per day.

They must have taken on a useless numpty. (Edit: I can't find him on LinkedIn so I reckon he is a numpty. He was probably a permie manager somewhere else and took that as a fixed term contract. What a loser.)

That's the same everywhere. I haven't seen a copper outside a Police car for about two years.
            I saw two overweight ones buying cakes in the supermarket yesterday.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              I saw two overweight ones buying cakes in the supermarket yesterday.
              They won't be flying Air France
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                They won't be flying Air France
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                X