• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you want a well paying job for life.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a well paying job for life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...b-seekers.html

Where you need to be working now.

I do not have the sympathy to even consider health care, it would be along the lines of "what do you mean your not well, get up " I'll stick to shouting at contractors thank you
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

IT

As technology and its role in our everyday lives continues to grow, so does the need for skilled programmers and project managers. With several new versions of existing software set to be released this year, Hays is predicting a surge in recruitment for experts in Sharepoint, .Net and Oracle.
      We're on the list.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Hays recession proof jobs 2009

4 out of 10, recruitment consultants you say? ...
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

1. The UK has a shortage of doctors
          That's because the BMA has a quota on how many it allows to qualify to maintain high salaries.

2. Pharma
          The three people I have known who worked in pharma left because of awful conditions, prospects and pay.

5. IT
          Don't make me laugh.

6. Social Housing
          Pay is tulipe and there is a lot of insecurity.

9. Litigation
          I have an unemployed friend who is a solicitor. Their job market is dead, apparently.

10. Energy
          Needs shedloads of qualifications and then the pay is tulipe.

But I'll let them off on risk management, teaching and procurement.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            1. The UK has a shortage of doctors
            That's because the BMA has a quota on how many it allows to qualify to maintain high salaries.

2. Pharma
            The three people I have known who worked in pharma left because of awful conditions, prospects and pay.

5. IT
            Don't make me laugh.

6. Social Housing
            Pay is tulipe and there is a lot of insecurity.

9. Litigation
            I have an unemployed friend who is a solicitor. Their job market is dead, apparently.

10. Energy
            Needs shedloads of qualifications and then the pay is tulipe.

But I'll let them off on risk management, teaching and procurement.

Risk Management training course for you then RC
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Procurement.

Getting paid well to spend other people's money. Only a government job beats that one.

Comment

Working...
              X