• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Santander bank? Any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santander bank? Any good?

LLoyds TSB have tested my patience for the last time and I'm moving all my accounts, personal and business, out of them.

I'm considering moving them to Santander as they seem to be talking a good game with decent interest rates and no business charges.

Anyone bank with them able to tell me what they are like on the ground? Are their call centers filled with Bobs?

Also can you set up a standing order from a savings account? I put my divs into the savings account and want to pay out a grand to my current account and a grand to the joint account at the end of the month, this is not possible at lloyds which pisses me off.

Are any of the banks any good? They treat everyone like tulip equally.

If you don't mind not having a high-street branch to access, the freebie Cater-Allen is quite good and standing orders and DD are not a problem.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Are any of the banks any good? They treat everyone like tulip equally.

If you don't mind not having a high-street branch to access, the freebie Cater-Allen is quite good and standing orders and DD are not a problem.
      Aren't they part of Abbey........ errr I mean Santander....

Comment

I use Santander only for my business account so can't comment on personal accounts. They have done what I needed them to do, but then, I am a light touch customer and don't ask too much of them.

They didn't suffer too much during the banking crisis I believe...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          I use Santander only for my business account so can't comment on personal accounts. They have done what I needed them to do, but then, I am a light touch customer and don't ask too much of them.

They didn't suffer too much during the banking crisis I believe...

Same here (and only been banking with them for four months) but so far so good. They've given me a cheque book for the savings account, so I imagine you can also set up SO/DDs. I've phoned them 3 times and always got a pleasant Northern lady - very helpful, and call back when they say they will.

Comment

I checked the branch locator and they have 2 places within .3 miles. Tried the Lloyds locator for comparison and it never returned anything.

Comment

Bust

Not bankrupt is the new good these days

Comment

I set up a couple of business accounts with them during the crisis last year to try and spread risk from my main business bank accounts. The nice man on the counter said it would take a week to set up. 2 months later and countless phonecalls being passed from pillar to post they managed to create them - I would not recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by DocP View Post
                  Not bankrupt is the new good these days
                  You got that right.

Comment

I'm thinking of moving my personal accounts at least to someone like the Co-operative.

Maybe it would be a pointless and futile thing to do but its got to be better than staying with my current bank, RBS.

Comment

Working...
                    X