• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Orange customer services called me to see if everything is alright

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange customer services called me to see if everything is alright

WTF - I'm in the middle of making a flight booking for a business trip when my Orange mobile rings.....

"Hello its XXXX speaking"

"Hello is that Mr YYYYYY?"

"Speaking"

"Hello its Orange here, nothing to worry about, we are just checking if everything is ok for you"

"What, you mean on my mobile, yes everthing is fine"

I then wait for the sales pitch to start....

"OK that's good if you ever have any queries please call us on 450"

"Right then, thank you, bye!"

There was no sales pitch!

So were Orange just generally concerned for my welfare?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    So were Orange just generally concerned for my welfare?
    Nope - they were live training sales reps. You got a crap one.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

They were probably concerned by you calling yourself Mr YYYYYY.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Nope - they were live training sales reps. You got a crap one.
        at least they did not ask for 2 references!

i just hope it wasn't a scam.

Comment

I used to be with Orange and they did the same to me as well. Occasionally they would ring me up and tell me they were reducing my package by a couple of quid or adding a bit more data or something. It was bl**dy brilliant. Been with 02 and Vod since and nothing like that from them.

Never seemed to be a scam and have to admit at first it left me feeling a bit bemused but once I got used to it I found it very impressive.

Next time he rings tell him your mate with (O2/Vod/3) etc has something like free land line calls, free data, had rate reduced and see if they can help you. Might as well ask seems they ring you.

Odd when customer service goes that one step further we all crave for we feel bemused and accuse it of being a scam lol....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Oh just a thought. Make absolutely sure they are really Orange. Don't let them palm you off with Orange Supplier, Orange Partner etc etc which also happened from time to time. They would blatently lie to me to swap contract over to them. Difference was the heavy sales pitch from them or the simple how are you from Orange.

Got this with other companies as well so not just Orange.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Oh just a thought. Make absolutely sure they are really Orange. Don't let them palm you off with Orange Supplier, Orange Partner etc etc which also happened from time to time. They would blatently lie to me to swap contract over to them. Difference was the heavy sales pitch from them or the simple how are you from Orange.
              Yep this happened to me. I was suspicious and asked lots of questions until it became clear they wanted me to sign a new contract with whoever they were.

'No I don't want to save money on my tariff, go away' seemed to work, eventually.

Comment

I used to work for a company that did that

then someone came in and said it added no value and so they stopped it

then lots of customers left

and then so did i cos i was confused

Comment

Got this with other companies as well so not just Orange.
                  I LOVE those types of calls. I always try and make them hang up first...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I used to be with Orange and they did the same to me as well. Occasionally they would ring me up and tell me they were reducing my package by a couple of quid or adding a bit more data or something. It was bl**dy brilliant. Been with 02 and Vod since and nothing like that from them.

Never seemed to be a scam and have to admit at first it left me feeling a bit bemused but once I got used to it I found it very impressive.

Next time he rings tell him your mate with (O2/Vod/3) etc has something like free land line calls, free data, had rate reduced and see if they can help you. Might as well ask seems they ring you.

Odd when customer service goes that one step further we all crave for we feel bemused and accuse it of being a scam lol....
                    I've been on Orange PAYG for nearly 2 years - this is the first time its happened, maybe because they have been concentrating on Pay Monthly customers.

Next time they ring I'll see what I can get out of them but I doubt it will be much on a PAYG. I have been pleased with the service and the network and when I top up by £50 they always put on a large bonus - I think last time it was an additional £20!

My 9 yrs old daughter got a PAYG on Orange for Xmas - I had better warn her that she might get a call!

Comment

Working...
                    X