• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

nhs interview nightmare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nhs interview nightmare

felt as though i was being offered a ticket on the titanic, they couldn't answer half of my questions and the chap 'in charge' kept saying 'and all those good things'

i am only available four days - doing MA on mondays, agency didn't bother to tell them this grrrrrr

i want that 45 mins of my life back

Every interview is good practice.

Are you happy with how you answered all their questions?

Did you manage their inability to answer your questions so they didn't feel threatened?

What went well that you should do again?

Is there anything you could do better next time?

How are you going to manage the MA Mondays information in future? Put it on your CV or push the agency to say it or raise it at the interview or wait until you have an offer or something else?

Do you have an idea of what sort of Titanic-related questions you might want to ask at another NHS interview?

Do you raise your shift key related disability at the interview or just take a StickyKeys-enabled laptop with you when you get the gig?

How will you give feedback to the agent to not come across as negative?

Would you take the gig if offered, and at under what conditions?

So there is still plenty to think about and learn from, courtesy of the free 45 minutes of interview training they provided for you.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Wow!

thanks, I think I would like to put you in a little jar and carry you around.

Can I ask a questions about my love life? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
        45 minutes isn't much: just turn your clocks back. You'll start being late for everything of course, but as the slightly-great E.V. Lucas once pointed out, people who are late usually seem much more jolly than the people who have to wait for them.

Comment

I worked with a Programme Manager that said "and all those good things" pretty often. The entire team of PM's, BA's and techies wanted to throttle him every time.

It's a placeholder for "I haven't a bloody clue what to say or what I'm talking about".

Comment

Hope you didn't mention the icebergs.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
              Hope you didn't mention the icebergs.
              There's plenty of them floating about all right, red colored- tape shaped things...
              Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Can I have the 4 hours (travel) and 45 mins (interview) that I wasted on Wednesday please?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                  Sorry - that's the cost of sale matey!!
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Can I have the 4 hours (travel) and 45 mins (interview) that I wasted on Wednesday please?
                    A whole day and 250.00 expenses, for a 5-minute dead-loss coffee-and-handshake interview. That's one agent who bumped himself to the bottom of the pile.
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X