• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polish Vodka

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish Vodka

Friends arrived today after driving from Poland. Gave me a coupla bottles of local vodka and still on the first.

Outstaniding, any subsequent posys can be ignoreed...

cheers
    Me, me, me...

I bought some from a deli in Maidenhead once, it was called "Pure Polish Spirit".

It was 80% abv!!

Never again.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Try it with apple juice.

A boozer near where I lived had a load of Polish construction workers living nearby. They made the pub start stocking a particular Polish vodka and apple juice.

It is one of those vodkas that is not "triple distilled for purity" - more like "strained through Złota's knickers for strength".

When they cleared off, he was left with half a case of this vodka. Every time a punter walked to the bar he'd say "Have you tried the Polish vodka?" despite you standing there with an empty bitter glass in your hand. Or an empty vodka glass.

It was surprisingly nice. And strong.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Friends arrived today after driving from Poland. Gave me a coupla bottles of local vodka and still on the first.

Outstaniding, any subsequent posys can be ignoreed...

cheers
        It's a strange thing but... I've never had a hangover from polish vodka. Wierd huh?
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Try it with apple juice.

A boozer near where I lived had a load of Polish construction workers living nearby. They made the pub start stocking a particular Polish vodka and apple juice.
          Żubrówka (bison grass vodka) is good with apple juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            Lovely stuff, me and a mate polished off a bottle over Xmas dinner.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
              I believe so.

Note to self & her indoors. "Polish Vodka & Apple Juice!!!".

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                I bought some from a deli in Maidenhead once, it was called "Pure Polish Spirit".

It was 80% abv!!

Never again.

You drank it?

You should've used it to bring your brass up nice and shiney.
                Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

The 'don't post when pissed rule' obviously was ignored lat night.

Woke up feeling fine with no hangover and just about to start cooking the fry up. No need to mix this stuff with anything it tastes fine just as it is. Gonna try the mint flavoured one at the weekend
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

It was 80% abv!!

Never again.

Are you sure it wasn't "Pure Metal Polish Spirit"?
                    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                    X