• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urban Myths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Myths

My girlfriend's step sister is a student at the moment & the other day she was telling me that the Student Union will not
    allow, under any circumstances, the broadcast of any song by Shabba Ranks on their premises due to some homophobic remark he
    made on The Word about 20 years ago. She's absolutely adamant about this but ISTR several variations of the same story doing the rounds over the years so I'm guessing it's utter bollocks; at least I hope it is
    otherwise I'll be parking up outside Bath Uni with my windows down with Mr Loverman blaring out at full volume.

They probably dont play basterdised reggae because its 5hit.

HTH
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Reggae is notoriously homophobic in general so this wouldn't suprise me if it was true
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

The opinions of the Students Union is of less significance than the smell of a hedgehog's fart.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Reggae is notoriously homophobic in general so this wouldn't suprise me if it was true
          I don't know, Mr Marleys "No Woman No Cry" seems to me to positively extol the virtues of man love. Wouldn't you say???
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            The opinions of the Students Union is of less significance than the smell of a hedgehog's fart.

Don't you believe it, in twenty years time they'll be running the country!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Loving the avatar RC, vvvv funny.
              Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                I thought you might.

(That might be my Plan B...)
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post

I suspected it might be, but it's too small to make out the sign.

Is there a larger version?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    I suspected it might be, but it's too small to make out the sign.

Is there a larger version?
                    Haven’t you got one of those apps the spooks use? You know the one that miraculously fills in pixels that aren’t there revealing a hi-def picture.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X