• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So David Cameron went to Eton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So David Cameron went to Eton

So what?

Why should this have any bearing on his suitability for the job of Prime Minister?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Just because he's a toff, doesn't mean he won't do a better job than the current bunch.

IMO, Labour are onto a loser with this class war stuff.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Gordon Brown didn't go to Eton and he's been shit!!

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

WHS, doesn't matter where they went to school, there's a huge fiscal mess that will take several decades to sort out.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          So what?

Why should this have any bearing on his suitability for the job of Prime Minister?
          I think that it is the old boys network which is the problem

Riddle me this: How many of the shadow cabinet went to top private/public schools, followed by an Oxbridge education, followed by a career in politics.

And it is not just the Tories.

I would like to see real people governing us. People with experience of the real world.

How can the people described above devise policy that is sympathetic to the need of patients on mixed wards in Victorian hospitals.

They can't and that is the problem.

More real people, more real talk and more real policy for the British public......

Maybe then tax would not be the single issue on the manifesto
          Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Yes, Labour have been ramping this up in the last few weeks, they are desperate to hold onto power and inverted snobbery is the last tree on the avenue to fight at.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
              I think that it is the old boys network which is the problem

Riddle me this: How many of the shadow cabinet went to top private/public schools, followed by an Oxbridge education, followed by a career in politics.

And it is not just the Tories.

I would like to see real people governing us. People with experience of the real world.

How can the people described above devise policy that is sympathetic to the need of patients on mixed wards in Victorian hospitals.

They can't and that is the problem.

More real people, more real talk and more real policy for the British public......

Maybe then tax would not be the single issue on the manifesto
              Are people who went to public school not real?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Look at Bob Ainsworth. He was a welder and that was when he probably reached the peak of his capability. Totally out of his depth now, as is most, if not all, of the cabinet.

I don't care who went to Eton. Totally irrelevant, beyond proving to me they had an education, and probably a good one at that.
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

How can people who haven't had a decent education devise policy that is sympathetic to the needs of patients on mixed wards in Victorian hospitals?

They can't and that is not the problem - how can any politician devise any policy at such a low level? A political party can merely state aims and broad strokes on how to achieve such. It's down to the myriad public servants to implement that policy.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Slough Comprehensive
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X