• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sorry is the hardest word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry is the hardest word

Labour MP may lose pay-off over expenses

A Labour MP faces being stripped of an £65,000 allowance for retiring MPs after a "serious" breach of the rules over his expenses claims.

Harry Cohen, who is standing down at the election, is the first MP to be told he should lose the allowance since the expenses scandal began.

A report found the MP breached the rules on second home claims involving a "large sum of public money".

Mr Cohen has also been told that he must apologise to Parliament.
    Apologise to Parliament?
    Step outside posh boy

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
    Justice I say. Take the house off him too.

Proceeds of crime act allows that to happen to criminals
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I reckon "diamond" is the hardest word.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

He was probably found guilty by the standards committee. The same bunch of fookwits that made Jacqui Smith apologise to the house but not have to bother paying back any money she stole from us...
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          Bronson.
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

"Chuck" and "Norris" are the hardest 2 words
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              Diamonds are not forever
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

One of the Open University Physics TV programmes started with no credits, just what's-her-name singing Diamonds Are Forever and a diamond on a laboratory bench.

The diamond was picked up in tweezers, held over a Bunsen burner, then dropped in a flask of water where it fizzed about until it disappeared.

Quite a startling way to open a programme, especially at 4:30 on a Sunday morning.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Lose allowance ?

"A Labour MP faces being stripped of an £65,000 allowance for retiring MPs after a "serious" breach of the rules over his expenses claims.

Consequently, the report concludes that Mr Cohen received over £60,000 in public money "to which he was not entitled". "

Sounds like he allocated the allowance to himself a bit early. Save those civil servants the paperwork.

Comment

Working...
                  X