• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Price of Dr Pepper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of Dr Pepper

Sainsbury's is selling Dr Pepper in 500ml bottles for £1.09, and 2l bottles for £1.00. Of course I'd heard rumours of recent craziness in the financial system, but this has really brought it home to me. Wasn't that roughly how Nick Leeson got started?
    Last edited by thunderlizard; 22 January 2010, 20:42.

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Sainsbury's is selling Dr Pepper in 500ml bottles for £1.09, and 2l bottles for £1.00. Of course I'd heard rumours of recent craziness in the financial system, but this has really brought it home to me. Wasn't that roughly how Nick Leeson got started?
    Isn't that a bit like:

1st prize one week in Bognor Regis
    2nd prize two weeks in Bognor Regis

?

Comment

Went to a football match on wednesday night and decided I needed a marathon (snickers) bar before going in.

So I pop into this general store opposite the ground and asks how much for a small snickers bar (not the double size one). 65p says the store keeper!

So I said how much is it when there's no match on? 50p was the reply.

Well Im not going to the match so I'll give you the 50p for it, I said. Twat wouldnt accept that and demanded the 65p. Rip off merchants the lot of 'em I tell you!
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Simple. Buy the bigger bottle and tip three quarters of it down the sink and you still save 9p.

It is a cynical ploy that will allow them in the future to claim that sales by volume have increased.

I have been amused by the many attempts to try and market this stuff over the years but none of them have been able to overcome the fact that I think the stuff tastes disgusting.

Comment

But the 2l bottle wont fit in a sandwich box, you are paying extra for the convenience a smaller handy go-anywhere bottle without sacrificing on that great Dr Pepper™ taste.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Am I alone in thinking that Dr Pepper™ tastes vile?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Am I alone in thinking that Dr Pepper™ tastes vile?
              Yes, everyone else in the world loves it or they're too scared to try it in case something happens ...apparently.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

in a similar vein, am in the process of booking a train ticket to london from manchester next week, and the standard class fare is £109.00 each way, first class is £74.00 each way.

Bonkers!
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

That's tapping a vein of old school Lancs class resentment. There are thousands of textile barons and supermarket owners up there who wouldn't be seen dead in 1st Class and would rather pay the extra. For another tenner they let you bring your own Tupperware 'snap'.

Comment

I like DR Pepper - THERE I've said it now!
                    I like and I will drink it and you wont stop me

Although I have to confess I am the only person I know who likes it
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X