PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist level raised to severe

Troll
23rd January 2010, 10:15
Yawn... (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/7056833/Terrorist-attack-is-highly-likely-security-services-say.html)

"Alan Johnson, the Home Secretary said: “I should stress that there is no intelligence to suggest than an attack is imminent. "

So is it just a gut feeling they have?

or

A warm up for removal of even more of our liberties

or

A smokescreen to divert attention from the Chilcot inquiry

or

Just another day on Airstrip One?

EC4N
23rd January 2010, 10:42
A smokescreen to divert attention from the Chilcot inquiry

Very good point, given Blair is giving evidence next week.

Zippy
23rd January 2010, 10:46
MI5 and Special Branch need some overtime, so if you have recently been "studying" in Pakistan you'd be wise to order a new front door now.

threaded
23rd January 2010, 10:47
A smokescreen to divert attention from the Chilcot

Oh, is that B'liar giving evidence next week?

How surprising, not.

HairyArsedBloke
23rd January 2010, 10:55
or

Raised so it can be lowered again just before the election. Nothing would have happened thus showing how good the nuLieBore government are at preventing terrorism. :rolleyes:

suityou01
23rd January 2010, 12:31
or

Raised so it can be lowered again just before the election. Nothing would have happened thus showing how good the nuLieBore government are at preventing terrorism. :rolleyes:

this

vetran
23rd January 2010, 12:33
x/ all of the above

hyperD
23rd January 2010, 14:47
This (http://carlosmiller.com/2010/01/16/thousands-of-photographers-will-protest-in-the-streets-of-london/)today in London?

GreenerGrass
23rd January 2010, 16:49
MI5 and Special Branch need some overtime, so if you have recently been "studying" in Pakistan you'd be wise to order a new front door now.

The other part of the problem is that an awful lot of Pakistanis have actually come over here to "study" quite recently.
Quite remarkable when you consider how poor they are supposed to be and yet they want to come to a country with some of the highest living costs in the world (assuming you are not reliant on government handouts that is).
I wonder why.

ratewhore
23rd January 2010, 18:16
Well, I assume it is related to the 'underpant bomber' with the singed nads, and also the afghan conference next week...

RichardCranium
23rd January 2010, 22:48
Raised so it can be lowered again just before the election. Nothing would have happened thus showing how good the nuLieBore government are at preventing terrorism. :rolleyes:WHABS

Prior to this spin-mad government, the threat level used to be a secret (or Restricted, anyway). It had to be that way for obvious reasons.

Now it is just a media management tool.

Board Game Geek
24th January 2010, 05:51
I thought it meant that the current status of all the millions on terrorists hiding under our beds, in our cupboards, and in our attics, had gone from "Slightly Narked Off" to "Severely Irritated".

The next and final stage is apparently "Critically Peeved", and that's when the real moaning and whining starts.

The intelligence services are considering introducing sweeping new powers, such as "Instant Detentions" and "Being Sent Home With A Note".

If this doesn't work, then the only final sanction is to "See the Headmaster for Bum Rubs".

threaded
24th January 2010, 07:51
Oh my, the papers this morning are full of stories of Burka Bombers.

<doom laden music: lots of minor chords failing to resolve>

They're women who dress differently.

They're chosen by their masters because they look just like you or me.

They're trained in remote exotic locations.