• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh two o Haggis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh two o Haggis

<best Scots voice>
    Got my faither-in-law roond just now, alang with the maither-in-law. They jist looked fair glayket wan we jist tawld 'em whit was in their Haggis the night. I'm ainly half Scottish, ken, bit I fair enjoy a wee bit ey Haggis noo and again likes.

Pig lung, pig heart, pig luvver n aw. I cannae mind ma Haggis containing any o that shiyte when I wer a wain. Sheeps entrails is mere the thang.

Whit say you's?
    </best Scots voice>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <best Scots voice>
    Got my faither-in-law roond just now, alang with the maither-in-law. They jist looked fair glayket wan we jist tawld 'em whit was in their Haggis the night. I'm ainly half Scottish, ken, bit I fair enjoy a wee bit ey Haggis noo and again likes.

Pig lung, pig heart, pig luvver n aw. I cannae mind ma Haggis containing any o that shiyte when I wer a wain. Sheeps entrails is mere the thang.

Whit say you's?
    </best Scots voice>
    Apologies to any real Scots before you go and get all stroppy. I am a first generatation synthetic Scot (NB as in plastic paddy).

Aaaaand remember, posters like me are this forums bread and butter.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Aaaaand remember, posters like me are this forums gruel.
      FTFY
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Are you allowed to use pig offal? I thought that stuff was a total no no these days, could be wrong.

I used to make haggis, pretty stinking job really, day starts off with a massive big bag of bloody hearts lungs and livers getting delivered. You have to get in about it to remove wind pipes and the like before they get cooked.

Comment

Haggis should be made of lamb or sheep parts, not pig parts!
          Tonight's menu:

Haggis (normal and vegetarian ones)
          Bashed swede & carrot
          Green beans
          Roasties
          Cranberry, whisky and thyme sauce
          ------
          Cranachan
          Deep fried mars bars

Time to start whipping the cream! (accompanied by my usual cream whipping tune, "Break on through" by the Doors).

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Haggis should be made of lamb or sheep parts, not pig parts!
            Tonight's menu:

Haggis (normal and vegetarian ones)
            Bashed swede & carrot
            Green beans
            Roasties
            Cranberry, whisky and thyme sauce
            ------
            Cranachan
            Deep fried mars bars

Time to start whipping the cream! (accompanied by my usual cream whipping tune, "Break on through" by the Doors).
            Can I come round to yours for dinner mmmmmmm

If only you had cullen skink on the menu too
            Last edited by norrahe; 24 January 2010, 14:56.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

ah, no starter when deep fried mars bars are on the menu, in case it all gets a bit Mr Creosote.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Can I come round to yours for dinner mmmmmmm

If only you had culen skink on the menu too
                Cullen

I used to live there

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Cullen

I used to live there
                  I know, it was a typo. (now corrected)

It's one of my favourites.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Can we not have a dedicated Scots forum for all the lesser inhabitants of the UK to wax lyrical about the leper colony north of the border while being expats in England?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X