• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekdays are better than weekends!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekdays are better than weekends!

When you're on the bench, strange things happen, and I now prefer weekdays to weekends. Shops are quieter (if you have the dosh to buy something), you can rely on regular programmes to watch on the box ie Newsnight, and you don't have to worry about whether there's enough milk or bread to last. The only downside is you only have fishing phone-calls or outright lies during the week.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

I'll remind you of that assertion when you get that job
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Work on Plan B - this will magically remove distinction between weekends and weekdays, the only new milestone you'd be noticing is going to be the bills at the end/start of the month...

I am off to office, SKA requires my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
        When you're on the bench, strange things happen, and I now prefer weekdays to weekends.
        WHS - I even applied for a couple of weekend working contracts last year with the idea of 2 days on, 5 off!

Comment

I see what you mean.

With both of us at Norrtowers on the bench it is quite odd.

Though given my last gig was pretty stressful and stupid hours, it is nice to spend quality time with Mr Norr.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Work on Plan B - this will magically remove distinction between weekends and weekdays, the only new milestone you'd be noticing is going to be the bills at the end/start of the month...
            WHS. Sometimes I go to Tescos and discover it's closed. That's the only way I know it's the weekend.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I disagree, whilst benched the weekend is a welcome relief as it means I can enjoy some down time with everyone else safe in the knowledge that hitting refresh on Jobserve will make little to no difference until Monday... Not that Jobserve changes much during the week in this climate but you know what I mean.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Originally posted by AtW View Post

I am off to office, SKA requires my attention.
                WHS. Sometimes I go to Tescos and discover it's closed. That's the only way I know it's the weekend.
                Aye. I fraking hate working from home.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                X