• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Gordon was a very good chancellor"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gordon was a very good chancellor"

I met a lady at a party the other night. She and her husband think Gordon is a crap Prime Minister, but still think he was a very good chancellor, and should have stayed in that job. They are middle class and say they don't vote Labour.

I thought Brown's reputation had been blown out of the water by now, but obviously not.

How many of the majority chav-class voters still believe in Labour's economic competence?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

He was a blinding Chancellor. He did away with boom and bust and saved us loads of storage costs on all that gold.
      Numbly tolerating the inequality as a way to achieve greater prosperity for all.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I met a lady at a party the other night. She and her husband think Gordon is a crap Prime Minister, but still think he was a very good chancellor, and should have stayed in that job. They are middle class and say they don't vote Labour.

I thought Brown's reputation had been blown out of the water by now, but obviously not.

How many of the majority chav-class voters still believe in Labour's economic competence?
        They have a point.

All the time that Gordon was chancellor my fortunes kept on going up and up. Since he changed jobs they have plummeted.

How can we mend this and get Gordon back as Chancellor?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
          It was even better when he was the opposition's finance spokesman.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
            They have a point.

All the time that Gordon was chancellor my fortunes kept on going up and up. Since he changed jobs they have plummeted.

WHS.

What did Gordon Brown and Michael Jackson have in common?

They both were forever blowing bubbles.

IGMC.

Comment

Which group is it in favour of human culling?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Which group is it in favour of human culling?
                The Giant Alien Lizards.

Comment

The Giant Alien Lizards.
                  Lizard

I think there is only one left now and he's gone native anyway

Comment

I met someone a couple of days ago who tried to convince me that Peter Mandelson is an excellent politician who does a great job.

I was so gob smacked all I could say was, "I'm sorry we'll have to agree to differ. I don't wish to discuss it".

This bloke is a solicitor, so (on paper at least), not an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                    X