• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy-To-Let booming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy-To-Let booming

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...s-up-24pc.html

Demand for rented homes is outstripping the supply of properties available to let, research claimed today.

An 70+ million people into the UK via immigration from the 3rd world under Labour plans to boost the BTLer's fortunes.

Watch your council tax soar as the Housing and Council Tax Benefits contribution goes exponential.

Forget IT, lets all BTL - Boomed!™
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

...well, I would be in there snapping up a property while they're still relatively affordable but the mortgage (inc BTL) deals around are too prohibitive in my opinion. Think you're looking at around 60% LTV plus hefty fees for a Buy-to-Letter...eeeek...bring back those heady days of 2002 when banks were throwing finance at us.

Comment

Originally posted by aWrongun View Post
        ...bring back those heady days of 2002 when banks were throwing finance at us.
        Eh? That's the cause of all the trouble now.

Comment

I think that with tax increases and spending cuts after the election, house prices can only slide further, not the time to be moving into BTL, another 9-12 months will be when to look at this.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

"Demand for rented homes is outstripping the supply of properties available to let"
            Rubbish.

I have just rented a small (very small) house for use when away during the week at client site and there was most definitely no shortage of properties for rent with all landlords prepared to drop the monthly rental from between £50 and £150 per month. In one case £150 + washer dryer.

There are a lot of desperate landlords out there.

I chose the landlord with a valid reason for offering the property for rent over ones in the rental market in general prepared to take an offer. Some of them were just a bit too desperate for my liking.

Oh, I almost forgot. The rental agent also offered to do away with the £200 admin (con) charge.
            Last edited by s2budd; 26 January 2010, 08:50.

Comment

Working...
            X