• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a morning

My alarm went off this morning at 4:30 am. Mad dart around the house in an attempt to get out. As I was leaving spotted that the puppy had done a massive tulip on the stairs. Turfed him out in the garden to shiver for a bit while I cleaned it up. Then into the car and off to Liverpool airport via my accountants to post some stuff through his door. Got to the airport for about 6 and was looking for change to pay for the fast track security access when I realised I'd left my wallett, passport and boarding pass at home.

Spoke to the girl at EasyJet as was told that if I could get home and back in under 2 hours then she could put me on the evening flight for 43 quid. Not a chance of that heppening then! So 70 quid for the tuesday flight and add that to the 350 I lost for not making it in.

Then I had to argue with the parking people because they wanted to charge me another 20 q2uid to park my car in Liverpool. Even though I'd paid from Monday to Friday they still wanted me to rebook!!

Arrived back home for 7:30 and waited with my son for his taxi to turn up. By 8 no taxi had arrived. I called them and they hadn't even allocated a driver yet, even though they have to be here by 7:45. Drove him to school. At school I spoke to his TA who took over from the nasty bitch my son used to have and she told me that she's leaving at the end of the school year - She was with my son through pre school and juniour school so that news will go down like a tulip sandwich.

Also noticed that my keyboard inserts a 2 after each q2 I type!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    My alarm went off this morning at 4:30 am. Mad dart around the house in an attempt to get out. As I was leaving spotted that the puppy had done a massive tulip on the stairs. Turfed him out in the garden to shiver for a bit while I cleaned it up. Then into the car and off to Liverpool airport via my accountants to post some stuff through his door. Got to the airport for about 6 and was looking for change to pay for the fast track security access when I realised I'd left my wallett, passport and boarding pass at home.

Spoke to the girl at EasyJet as was told that if I could get home and back in under 2 hours then she could put me on the evening flight for 43 quid. Not a chance of that heppening then! So 70 quid for the tuesday flight and add that to the 350 I lost for not making it in.

Then I had to argue with the parking people because they wanted to charge me another 20 q2uid to park my car in Liverpool. Even though I'd paid from Monday to Friday they still wanted me to rebook!!

Arrived back home for 7:30 and waited with my son for his taxi to turn up. By 8 no taxi had arrived. I called them and they hadn't even allocated a driver yet, even though they have to be here by 7:45. Drove him to school. At school I spoke to his TA who took over from the nasty bitch my son used to have and she told me that she's leaving at the end of the school year - She was with my son through pre school and juniour school so that news will go down like a tulip sandwich.

but apart from that ???
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Handy!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Clean your bloody keyboard!

Comment

<long list of crap stuff>
          Thats nothing, Churchy got beaten up with a Newspaper!
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Don't forget the being thrown down the stairs bit!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Don't forget the being thrown down the stairs bit!
              Actually she doesn't hit me with a newspaper and it was the Vespa that tripped me up - and my big feet!

Comment

Is that you Wilmslow?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Is that you Wilmslow?

Ouch
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                    Ouch