• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come the general election, I currently intend to vote..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come the general election, I currently intend to vote..

Ok, with the run up to elections coming and the obvious general "love" for Mr Brown, I'm curious as to what the actual figures are..

Poor lib dem option I know

dammit I can't type "In the" not "Int he".. back to school for Chef
    Labour - gotta love Brown's fiscal policies and leadership
    9.46%
    Conservative - who can't love the airbrushed one
    55.41%
    Lib Dem - my favourite colour is yellow
    6.76%
    Other - minorities have the majority appeal to me
    18.92%
    I am AndyW and I intend to not vote and abuse people on forums instead
    9.46%
    Last edited by chef; 25 January 2010, 13:28.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Genuinely I don't know who to vote for - I kinda want to vote Lib Dem but I'm not that keen on Mr Clegg.

Lab are tulipe

Cons are tulipe

Anything else will be a waste of a vote...
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Genuinely I don't know who to vote for - I kinda want to vote Lib Dem but I'm not that keen on Mr Clegg.

Lab are tulipe

Cons are tulipe

Another Lib Dem vote here (mainly down to Vince Cable). If the Tories had someone with a bit of experience as the Chancellor candidate, it would be a different matter. Osborne's only full time job was as a temp data-inputer one summer. Why on earth haven't they got Clark or Hague or even Portillo in that important position?
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Are the Monster Raving Loonies still offering free ice cream on Fridays?

Comment

Any vote other than for Conservative will see Labour back in power.

Liberal Democrats just muddy the water.

Anyway, we'll have a national emergency and the election will be cancelled.

Expect a jet smashing into Birmingham/Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds* sometime soon.

*delete as appropriate

Comment

Lab are tulipe

Cons are tulipe

Never has there been a greater need for a 'None of the above' option. Spoiling the paper is such a negative thing and it lumps everyone from protests and the incompetent together.

I can't vote; I could have, but it is a potential problem if my status is questioned.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I take it 'minorities' includes 'independents'.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

<sigh>

That view is propagated by the big parties so that you give up your right to democracy.

If that is how you feel, don't vote.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

And minorities does not mean just BNP/UKIP type organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    <sigh>

That view is propagated by the big parties so that you give up your right to democracy.

If that is how you feel, don't vote.
                    But I feel like I should. If I don't I won't be able to bitch about them.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X