• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is that an horizon on the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that an horizon on the bench?

Or is it in fact a mirage? Things are never going to get better, are they? If the number of vacancies does pick up, they'll be filled by new graduates or internal promotions or Eu accession bods. Some of us on the bench have now entered early retirement methinks...
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Some weeks it feels like that - especially last week for myself.

However this week I'm going to get myself off the bench and back invoicing...

Comment

I'm feeling retired. I've done bugger all today.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Surely things can't be that bad?

Is this only PM guys who are suffering? It seems like there are loads of technical contracts out there all paying decent enough rates?

Comment

Supply and demand.
          Your skills are obviously not in demand.
          Retrain in ones that are.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Supply and demand.
            Your skills are obviously not in demand.
            Retrain in ones that are.
            Not everyone is drawn towards breathing through their ears and having their tongues lengthened though sg.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Is this only PM guys who are suffering? It seems like there are loads of technical contracts out there all paying decent enough rates?
              Pretty much from what I can gather here.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

I did a linked-in search for project managers in my area. There are 2500 within 15 miles of where I live. I would estimate that 90% of them made a few phone calls on a task and called it project management. The agencies haven't got a clue what project management really is, and not many clients do either. Happy days!

Comment

So is it only PM guys who are suffering then? Are there any techie guys in here who are finding it that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    Things are never going to get better, are they?
                    I think there have been few cases in world history where a country could say that and be accurate. No reason to think right now is anything special. Things go up, they go down, it's probably going to get better for a bit even if it does get worse afterwards.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X