• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Story : MS and the Unwelcome Guest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story : MS and the Unwelcome Guest

Apologies if this is upsetting.

I and our group need all the help we can kindly get.

Thank you.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

MS messed up my life too.

Bloody Vista!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      MS messed up my life too.

Bloody Vista!

That cheered me up, thanks !
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Why is 'Charlie but my finger' a related video??
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Why is 'Charlie but my finger' a related video??
          No idea. You tube puts that there, not me !

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Very moving
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

BGG
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                Apologies if this is upsetting.

I and our group need all the help we can kindly get.

Thank you.
                Don't apologise.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Don't apologise.

WTS &
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Bless you all (and you can take that in a religious or non-relgious way, it's up to you and your faith).

I had one lady email me after watching and say :

“I live with my partner, and I have MS. He is very dismissive of me, and our relationship has deteriorated badly. Every time I try to explain what it is like, I well up in tears and cannot speak.

He doesn’t understand.

I showed him your video last night and he watched in stunned silence, and then hugged me. I feel I can talk now. Thank you so much”

I feel all warm and fuzzy

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X