• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perfume, Story of a Murderer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfume, Story of a Murderer

What a fantastic film, probably the best film I have seen by accident in years. You have to love the BBC.

Carry on..
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    What a fantastic film, probably the best film I have seen by accident in years. You have to love the BBC.

Carry on..
    Why love the BBC? If they hadn't shown it, I'm sure Film4 or Channel 4 or Sky Movies or Channel 5 or some other channel would have done so.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Saw it whilst sitting on a comfy leather sofa in the Electric cinema in Birmingham,

Unusual film...

T

Comment

I saw (and enjoyed) The Illusionist once. Is it a similar type of film to that?
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          I saw (and enjoyed) The Illusionist once. Is it a similar type of film to that?
          Aye, good one.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Carry on..
            Yes, it's a great film, and that reminds me I must sign up to Cinemoi Movies on Sky.

edit #1: Oh, and the three French fillums I decided on "pour ma Mere" eventually:

* Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (2001)

* Chocolat (2000)

* Hors de prix (2006) ("Priceless")

and thanks to helpful replies on CUK I have a few more lined up for next Chrimbo.

edit #2: Another one I think you'd like Bagpuss is Le hussard sur le toit (1995) ("Horseman on the Roof")
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 25 January 2010, 20:24.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I must see the film, the book is very good.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Carry on..
                Yes the movie is beyond film-making, It is my top favorite movie as well .

Comment

Working...
                X