• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another accountant view my accounts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another accountant view my accounts?

Good morning all.
    Is it safe to send my company's xls to another accountant to view? I am looking for the new accountant to review the figures and let me know how much corporate tax I should be paying. Then I will be comparing it to the figures that my current accountant gave me. Obviously I don't know the new accountant, is there any risk of him having a look at my company's ingoings and outgoings?
    Thank you

If you are happy to pay for the service then you can get a second accountant to do whatever you want.

Something you might want to do. Accountants don't always provide you with a worksheet showing how the capital allowances and tax were calculated. There is no harm in you asking to see these calculations.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. The new accountant will be providing those services for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kellycell View Post
        Thank you for your reply. The new accountant will be providing those services for free.
        Blimey! PM me his details. I could do with some of that lol!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The 'other/new' accountant will have to carry out an anti-money laundering check on you before they may act/advise on your behalf.

Usually they would also write the the 'current/ex' accountant asking if there are any known reasons why they should not act on your behalf. This is part of professional conduct with the Accounting bodies.

Comment

Working...
          X