• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple:iPhone Apps and iTunes stores don't make money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple:iPhone Apps and iTunes stores don't make money

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/26/app_store/>

Who are they trying to kid? did the use the same consultancy firn as the Gov't that generated this morings recession figures? (own up, who is it?)

Over 1 billion downloads and no profit?
    Earlier this week, Steve jobs was quoted "If you annualize our quarterly revenue, it’s surprising that Apple is now a $50+ billion company," he said. "The new products we are planning to release this year are very strong, starting this week with a major new product that we’re really excited about."

Edit..Yes I know most of their revenue comes from the price fixing structure they have in place for the Iphones...

He's surprised?
    Last edited by stingman123; 26 January 2010, 10:40. Reason: Edit..Yes I know most of their revenue comes from the price fixing structure they have in place for the Iphones...
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Over 1 billion downloads and no profit?
    Well, if you sell a song by credit/debit card for £1, then you'd pay bank like 20 pence + 2%, 70 pence I think go to labels, so not much money left...

Comment

Working...
    X