• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

0.1%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0.1%

Oh FFS only just

So how fixed is that figure than?
    Comrade Broon ordered "Make it so"
    54.55%
    Quite a lot
    27.27%
    Not a lot
    4.55%
    I am AndyW and you can recess off
    13.64%

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Oh FFS only just

So how fixed is that figure than?
    Youre not implying it was lower than that but they scapped up enough 'numbers' together to make it work?

How would that suit Gordon Brown in an election year? oh wait .........

Ill get my coat!

Comment

It's only an estimate...

I have a feeling that the reall figure may be higher to make Brownstuff and his cohorts look even better in the eyes of yer average "Daily Mirror" reader.

Comment

I liked the bit in the press conference where one of the journalists asked if that was rounded up or rounded down.

The chap presenting the figures just waffled saying thay they only work to one decimal point, blah blah blah. In other words it was 0.051% growth!

It's the biggest fudge of a statistic I've ever seen (probably).

Comment

Must be a March election then.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I thought the Labour chap had let slip the 6th May...

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Andrew Neil made a good point on Daily (have a go at) Politics today - if May 6th is the election, the Q1 figures will have just come out. If we slip back again, GB is ****ed.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

No one seems to call him Prudence any more. Or the best Chancellor ever.

Comment

What a fix - if he waits until May he will have the next quarter out then he will be up the creek without a paddle.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Daily Mash gets it on the nose!

"The Office of National Statistics confirmed the end of the longest downturn in post-war history thanks to a chubby woman in Doncaster buying a Cadbury's Boost from a Shell garage at 11.20pm on New Year's Eve."

Comment

Working...
                    X