• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting stuff on Climate change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting stuff on Climate change

Been doing more "googling" on this, really is a fascinating topic when you get into it. I've now fathomed out that it is the length of the solar cycle that correlates with warming and coolin, well this will be put to the test, just check out figure 5 :

Really interesting summary....particularly figure 5

...or mabe that's a
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 26 January 2010, 18:26.
    I'm alright Jack

Loading that page (took about 2 minutes) added over 100Mb to the amount of RAM my Firefox is using. As I scroll down it keeps downloading stuff and gobbling more RAM. And my CPU is maxed out.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Loading that page (took about 2 minutes) added over 100Mb to the amount of RAM my Firefox is using. As I scroll down it keeps downloading stuff and gobbling more RAM. And my CPU is maxed out.
      Have you tried Internet Explorer?
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Have you tried Internet Explorer?

Yes. Reboot and Scandisks and re-log in now complete, thanks.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Do keep up.

Comment

...hmm very interesting, because the last time we had a severe winter in Germany was in 1996/1997 a year after the last solar minimum then after the last solar maximum 2000 we had some marvelous summers and now one year from the solar minimum we're into another more severe winter.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              ...hmm very interesting, because the last time we had a severe winter in Germany was in 1996/1997 a year after the last solar minimum then after the last solar maximum 2000 we had some marvelous summers and now one year from the solar minimum we're into another more severe winter.
              Look, you cant live right next door to a massive fusion bomb and expect it to have NO impact.

But to suggest that a HUGE , billion ton ball of three billion degree centigrade fusion explosions, has more impact than your 4x4 is just being silly

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Has anyone read this peer reviewed paper:

CO2 level no higher in 2009 than in 1940

It would appear having read the abstract that according to the paper the CO2 level rises and falls synchronously with the solar cycle.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

who would have thought that sun effects earth's climate more than some teeny tiny bit of gas.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Has anyone read this peer reviewed paper:

CO2 level no higher in 2009 than in 1940

It would appear having read the abstract that according to the paper the CO2 level rises and falls synchronously with the solar cycle.
                    I cant believe how cretinously blind you are being.
                    Obviously the co2 levels are the same as 1940. But thats only because of Gordon Browns tax on carbon.
                    If Gordon had not raised taxes and had more cars scrapped, co2 levels would be double.

sasguru

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X