• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick General Election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick General Election

After the CUK congregation demonstrated it was on the button with political and economic events in this poll http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...don-brown.html I thought it was time for another.

With today's news that the UK is out of recession (only just and subject to revision) some commentators are suggesting that Gordon Brown might be tempted to call the General Election quickly while he can still claim that Labour policies have rescued the economy, before revisions and the Q1 2010 GDP figures are released.

The first revision to today's figures is due on Friday 26th February. By my calculations Gordon has until Tuesday next week to call a snap election on 25th Feb before those revisions are published.

That revision may be upwards, or it may be downwards - who knows?

The Q1 2010 figures may turn out to be better although there is much doubt about that.

So does the CUK panel think that Gordon will jump on the "good news" to hold a snap election before that news can be contradicted, or will he stick with what seems to have been the plan for a few months?

Poll to follow...
    Gordon will go to the polls before anyone can say that he has not rescued the economy
    10.00%
    Gordon is incapable of spontaneity and will stick with the 6th May plan
    65.00%
    Gordon will cause a constitutional crisis by asking Andyw to dissolve parliament
    25.00%

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Poll to follow...
    Before or after the General Election?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Before or after the General Election?
      I knew I could expect one sarky "where is the poll?" comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
        I knew I could expect one sarky "where is the poll?" comment.
        Then you are not disappointed!

Comment

You might think there are only two choices.

Yet what Gordon Brownstuff will do will shock, awe, and make many go 'wtf', 'ugh' and cause general befuddlement, as befits the chap.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X