• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act

'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt'

Kids TV hosts Anna Williamson and Jamie Rickers have said they were questioned by police under anti-terrorism powers - for carrying glittery hairdryers. Skip related content

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100126...s-6323e80.html
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

So this happened on the South Bank did it?

That would be the part of the South Bank that is in front of the large ITV studio complex would it?

That would be the part of the South Bank that is in front of the large ITV studio complex and between the National Theatre and the Tate Modern would it?

Nice to know that the police know all about the areas that they are patrolling.

That is of course if this really happened. The article looks more like a piece of PR than a news item to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt'

Kids TV hosts Anna Williamson and Jamie Rickers have said they were questioned by police under anti-terrorism powers - for carrying glittery hairdryers. Skip related content

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100126...s-6323e80.html
      The presenters said they were out 'dork hunting'. Mission accomplished.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Rickers, 32, added: "We were stopped, not arrested, but they had to say 'we are holding you under the Anti-Terrorism Act because you're running around in flak jackets and a utility belt', and I said 'and please put spangly blue hairdryer' and he was, like, 'all right'."
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          The presenters said they were out 'dork hunting'. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Working...
          X