• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sky HD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky HD

OK, I know this has been discussed previously , however the whispers are that Sky have upgraded the firmware on their boxes and there are some new style boxes going out that have a much better display (less grainy) than the usual fare, and apparantly you can now also recieve sound & vision via HDMI.

They are also supposed to be ungrading their infrastructure in prep for 3DTV which is helping delivery for a better HD signal,

anyone seen any of this? might be interested now.....
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

I don't have Sky, but did I read that right - the Sky HD box doesn't output sound via HDMI?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I don't have Sky, but did I read that right - the Sky HD box doesn't output sound via HDMI?
      My Sky+ HD box does.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        My Sky+ HD box does.
        +1
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          My Sky+ HD box does.
          Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          +1
          Looks like I didn't read it right
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

The original Thompson box didn't output multi-channel sound over HDMI - just stereo. For multi-channel you had to connect via optical.

We were issued with a replacement Amstrad box at the weekend, might see if they've sorted it on that.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

I've got one of the latest SKY+ HD boxes and it outputs via HDMI and has a slick new onscreen menu system. Picture quality on my 1080p LCD is superb.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I've got one of the latest SKY+ HD boxes and it outputs via HDMI and has a slick new onscreen menu system. Picture quality on my 1080p LCD is superb.
                Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  The original Thompson box didn't output multi-channel sound over HDMI - just stereo. For multi-channel you had to connect via optical.

We were issued with a replacement Amstrad box at the weekend, might see if they've sorted it on that.
                  I'm not getting my hopes up though: http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-h...-hdmi-yet.html
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                    I'm not getting my hopes up though: http://www.avforums.com/forums/sky-h...-hdmi-yet.html
                    Thanks, that clears up what I originally tried to type, so normal stereo over HDMI is fine but for 5.1 you still need optical input.

For those with SkyHD do you also geet access to BBC1 and ITV HD service?
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                    X