• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Swine Flu Swindle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Swine Flu Swindle

How to make a Killing on the Stock Market,

1 First Create your very own Pandemic.

2 Next sell the Vaccine to the Masses

Swine Flu - one of the greatest medical scandals of the century

Dr Wodarg head of health at the Council of Europe

Cast you minds back when this board had lots of threads - all about Swine Flu and that you wold be a fool not to rush out and buy as much Tamiflu as you could get your hands on.

At the time my opinion was that is was a scam by Big Pharma - especially when I learned a certain Mr Rumfields involvment.

And guess what ? The UK has just lost a Billion pounds in surplus Tamiflu stocks - my what a shame ...

Wolfgang Wodarg, head of health at the Council of Europe

The swine flu outbreak was a ‘false pandemic’ driven by drug companies that stood to make billions of pounds from a worldwide scare, a leading health expert has claimed.

Wolfgang Wodarg, head of health at the Council of Europe, accused the makers of flu drugs and vaccines of influencing the World Health Organisation’s decision to declare a pandemic.

This led to the pharmaceutical firms ensuring ‘enormous gains’, while countries, including the UK, ’squandered’ their meagre health budgets, with millions being vaccinated against a relatively mild disease

We’ll probably never know how much the whole scare cost us, but the unneeded drugs alone cost us £1 billion.

Dr Wodarg’s claims come as it emerged the British government is desperately trying to offload up to £1billion of swine flu vaccine, ordered at the height of the scare.

Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson last year ordered the NHS to plan for up to 65,00 deaths” Chief Medical Officer Sir Liam Donaldson last year ordered the NHS to plan for up to 65,000 deaths.

The Department of Health warned of 65,000 deaths, set up a special advice line and website, suspended normal rules so anti-flu drugs could be given out without prescription and told health and local authorities to prepare for a major pandemic.

Planners were told to get morgues ready for the sheer scale of deaths and there were warnings that the Army could be called in to prevent riots as people fought to obtain drugs.

But with fewer than 5,000 in England catching the disease last week and just 251 deaths overall, Dr Wodarg has branded the H1N1 outbreak as ‘one of the greatest medical scandals of the century’.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 27 January 2010, 12:20.

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Cast you minds back when this board had lots of threads - all about Swine Flu.
    Yes, but he got banned ages ago...
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Cast you minds back when this board had lots of threads - all about Swine Flu
      Happy days - when the daily doom posts really contained proper doom !

Comment

I lost my shirt on this.
        Went short on body bags and lost the lot.

trying to shift them now as potato grow bags.

damn that cyberman and his side-kick Rumsfield

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

So are you saying I shouldn't get my 2yo vaccinated on Saturday morning as planned?

I get the impression that the virus didn't turn out to be as virulent or deadly as some had predicted but beneath the hyperbole experts were quoting worst case scenarios and went to great lengths to explain that it was unlikely to turn out that way.

At some point in the future there will be a virus comparable to Spanish flu or worse, we'd be daft to just ignore it.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

The vaccine and Tamiflu have got nothing at all to do with one another.

Tamiflu is an anti-viral and the vaccine is a vaccine.

I personally wouldn't touch the Swine Flu vaccine with a barge pole, let alone force it on my children.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

At some point in the future there will be a virus comparable to Spanish flu or worse, we'd be daft to just ignore it.
              Really? Wouldn't be be kinder to let flu cull people off a bit, like in the good old days? Keeps the population down, makes us healthier and is humane.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Really? Wouldn't be be kinder to let flu cull people off a bit, like in the good old days? Keeps the population down, makes us healthier and is humane.
                While the rest of us drown in a sea of snot? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I personally wouldn't touch the Swine Flu vaccine with a barge pole, let alone force it on my children.
                  Our local health authority has advised us to get her vaccinated, I'm not one of those people who think the MMR is dangerous so I don't see why this is any different?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    Our local health authority has advised us to get her vaccinated, I'm not one of those people who think the MMR is dangerous so I don't see why this is any different?
                    The MMR vaccine has been developed and tested and through many many trials over many years.

The Swine Flu vaccine however, is not made or tested in the same way as seasonal flu vaccine:
                    The exception is Celvapan. It contains the whole, killed pandemic virus, not a vaccine virus with pandemic proteins, and the virus is grown in cells rather than eggs – making it safe for people with egg allergy. While it and a similar bird flu vaccine have undergone safety testing, no seasonal flu vaccine has yet been made this way.

Another potential worry are the immune-stimulating chemicals called adjuvants that are added to some vaccines. The World Health Organization asked countries to make pandemic vaccines with adjuvants because much less of the key ingredient, dead flu virus, is needed per dose – meaning far more doses can be produced. The US could not do this because no seasonal flu vaccines with adjuvants had already been tested and approved there. In Europe they have been, so the main pandemic vaccines being given in Europe – Pandemrix (PDF) and Focetria – do contain adjuvants.

All the pandemic vaccines have had their own safety tests, and almost all are based on seasonal flu vaccines used for years. But very rare side effects can only be detected when millions take them. The seasonal flu vaccines with adjuvants have mostly been given to older people, so we cannot yet be sure that these vaccines do not have very rare side effects in younger people. Celvapan has had no large-scale monitoring.
                    So you might be giving a vaccine that has had no large scale monitoring and is made in a way unlike tested flu vaccines and contains immune stimulating substances that have never been given to children before.

Comment

Working...
                    X