• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration Minister supports Intra Company Transfers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigration Minister supports Intra Company Transfers

[This may be hold news but I don't recall seeing it on here]

From the UK Wide-Open-Border Agency web site:

Border and Immigration Minister Phil Woolas said:
    'Intra-company transfers are an important part of making the UK an attractive place in which to do business, and therefore keep industry and the economy moving.

'Workers that come in via this route must display the appropriate level of earnings and qualifications, and the numbers are strictly controlled by the points-based system - meaning only those the UK needs can come here.'
    There has been discussion about this on the Computer Weekly blog (see page 23 of the 26 Jan-1 Feb issue):

Ousted IT blogger speaks out
    An IT worker who lost his job at a major financial services business has agreed to do a series of blogs for us describing life during and after an Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) changed his life.

From earning over £40,000 a year he gets just over £64 a week. And his skills are idle.
    If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Another reason for you cretins here to vote Labour.

Labour has a policy of getting as many immigrants here as possible, with an aim of increasing UK population to 70+ million in the next few years.

Vote Labour and goodbye to your business and livelyhood. Oh and don't forget IR35.

Comment

Well, this'll just be more evidence to present at the trial.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Well, this'll just be more evidence to present at the trial.
        He'd say it was confession spoken under duress, thus inadmissible as evidence...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Another reason for you cretins here to vote Labour.

Labour has a policy of getting as many immigrants here as possible to rub the Right's nose in it.
          FTFY - Sky News
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
          X