• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sheesh! How difficult to get an interview?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Bloody hard to get an interview these days let alone an answer from an agent.

I've been 'shortlisted' for interview and managed to get my CV put in for 6 roles in the last two weeks with agents, but yet no interview. In fact, after the first couple of calls, not a dicky bird, not a sausage and the agent seems to disapear into the ether. Dont remember it being like that in my day.

Managed to get one interview for a Perm role directly and I've been offered that, but ideally I'd like to get on of these bloody contracts Im chasing!!!

Have to decide on Friday or risk losing the perm role
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I thought you had your own shop?
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I thought you had your own shop?
      Yes.

I would also like to earn a living as well.

Comment

What did you do to Mordac?

I hope you did not punch anyone at your previous job

Comment

Contrary to the government soundbites, there's an awful lot of people out of work and going for those gigs.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            WOW! Bloody hard to get an interview these days let alone an answer from an agent.

I've been 'shortlisted' for interview and managed to get my CV put in for 6 roles in the last two weeks with agents, but yet no interview. In fact, after the first couple of calls, not a dicky bird, not a sausage and the agent seems to disapear into the ether. Dont remember it being like that in my day.

Managed to get one interview for a Perm role directly and I've been offered that, but ideally I'd like to get on of these bloody contracts Im chasing!!!

Have to decide on Friday or risk losing the perm role
            Yep. Finding it pretty much the same. Not being cocky but I've been contacted about roles I know I'd have a very good chance of getting once in front of the client.

Not getting a sniff. Must be others are asking for tulip low rates so getting asked to interview by the client.
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Don't tell me the market for aggressive Crystal Reports 1.0 and VB6 script consultants has collapsed?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Don't tell me the market for aggressive Crystal Reports 1.0 and VB6 script consultants has collapsed?!?

Bad news on the Tape Changing Front as well

IBM's monster tape will take 3 days to fill
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

LOL. I know what you mean Dim, your Cobol skills must be in short order these days.

Much more aligned these days with the latest technology. Excel is the way forward my friend Excel and Charts

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    LOL. I know what you mean Dim, your Cobol skills must be in short order these days.

Much more aligned these days with the latest technology. Excel is the way forward my friend Excel and Charts
                    Figured out what etl stands for yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X