• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Voip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voip

Does anyone have recommendations for a Skype compatible VOIP Internet Phone adaptor. I don't want to connect via a PC, I want it to be RJ45 direct into the router.

Thanks in advance
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

How much do you want to spend?

Siemens Telecom, Mitel etc. build those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      How much do you want to spend?

Siemens Telecom, Mitel etc. build those things.
      up to £150, but the Siemens Telecom, Mitel don't seem to do Skype
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Does anyone have recommendations for a Skype compatible VOIP Internet Phone adaptor. I don't want to connect via a PC, I want it to be RJ45 direct into the router.

Thanks in advance
        Why not just sign up to 3 for a Skype phone you can use anywhere & no connection required??

From: http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/...=1220455732577

Skype on 3 is a free internet service that gives you free Skype-to-Skype calls and free ‘chats’ (instant messages) from the UK to other people who use Skype in the UK or around the world. You can also make low-cost international calls with Skype ‘Call Phones Abroad’ to people who aren’t using Skype, whether they’re on a mobile phone or a landline. To use Call Phones Abroad you'll need Skype credit, available from www.skype.com. With Skype on 3 you can also see your Skype contacts and update your status.

The main differences between Skype on 3 and Skype on your PC are that Skype on 3 doesn’t support video calling, SkypeIn, Skype SMS (texting), Skype voicemail or SkypeOut to UK landlines and mobiles.

PZZ
        Last edited by pzz76077; 27 January 2010, 21:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Thanks in advance
          Have you thought about TCS?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Not sure if it fits the bill, but the Philips combined DECT/Skype phones are pretty good. We have the VOIP841, but they announced a new version late last year, the VOIP855.

The base station plugs into both your router and the phone line, so you get the option to use Skype or the landline.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

This might help a bit

Comment

Working...
              X