• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...ce-growth.html

The average cost of a home in Yorkshire and Humber soared by 130pc during the Noughties, jumping from £55,574 in 1999 to £127,852 at the end of last year, according to Halifax. The North and North West saw strong growth of 120pc and 112pc respectively during the period, while in Wales house prices increased by 122pc to average £137,316.

What ******* recession!

Safe as houses, property only ever goes up (under Labour).

I'd say the pound is worth maybe half of what it was 10 years ago - this wasn't obvious until few years ago, but now it's catching up with house pricing inflation.

Comment

So house prices soared. What about wages? The only thing that's happened is a lot of mugs have gone deeper into debt slavery for a pile of bricks.

The next kick in the nads will be when their pile of bricks goes into negative equity and instead of getting pay rises they get job cuts. Add onto that the inevitable tax rises and a multitude of stealth taxes after the election and the future isn't bright or orange it's tulipe and porridge.

After watching Romancing the Stone the other week, the idea of Foxtrotting Oscar around the world on a yacht while it all goes tits up is starting to look like a bloody good idea.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Using 1999 as the base is irrelevant to the recession.

What do they live in up north anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          What do they live in up north anyway?

Cardboard boxes.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Cardboard boxes.
            What about hovels? Or are they just for rich northerners?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              What about hovels? Or are they just for rich northerners?
              Everyone needs aspirations.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
              X