• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An excellent and simple scheme for avoiding UK taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent and simple scheme for avoiding UK taxes

Leave
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Leaving the UK does not automatically mean you are not liable for UK tax, if you have income, dividends, pension, capital gains or BTL generating income in the UK even if you never set foot here ever again.

Nope, HMRC want their tax whether you continue to live here or not.

Comment

Uk

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Leave
      And go where, Europe?

And pay Eurozone Taxes?

Unless you go and live in a hut in the mountains in Georgia and shoot any tax collectors that come your way with an AK47, you will live somewhere and the incumbent government will tax you.
      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post

Unless you go and live in a hut in the mountains in Georgia and shoot any tax collectors that come your way with an AK47, you will live somewhere and the incumbent government will tax you.
        Hmm you've given me an idea ...

Comment

Thanks, you could charge people for that kind of advice!
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

And go where, Europe?

And pay Eurozone Taxes?

What a stupid thing to say.

Yes, the whole world has the same level of taxation.

Even in Eurozone, there are low tax countries (e.g. Cyprus) and high tax countries (UK, Denmark).

Places like Monaco, Isle of Man, Jersey all have low overall levels of taxation.

Or you could slum it in the British Virgin Islands.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxatio...Virgin_Islands

no capital gains tax,
            no gift tax,
            no sales tax or value added tax,
            no profit tax,
            no corporation tax, and
            no inheritance tax or estate duty, but contrary to popular belief, there is in fact income tax in the British Virgin Islands, but the rate of taxation has been set at zero.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Leaving the UK does not automatically mean you are not liable for UK tax, if you have income, dividends, pension, capital gains or BTL generating income in the UK even if you never set foot here ever again...
              I think I paid some VAT when I was last in the UK. But otherwise, I don't think they've had a penny from me in the last 8 years... Selling my house in the UK for a tidy, tax free profit, was sweetened by the huge tax rebate I got here, from putting that profit into my pension.

btw - if you live in Switzerland and owe HMRC money, they can extradite you, but they can never get your money.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How about the Channel islands?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably the best £23.20 you'll ever spend

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worlds-Best-.../dp/1904608299

Comment

1 Befriend the PM
                    2 Setup your wife as the Director of your multi-million pound retail company and stipulate her residency is in Monaco
                    3 Congrats - you dont have to pay a penny tax on your UK company profits - isnt that so retail magnate Mr P Green and 'friend' of the former hon Mr Blair ?

Comment

Working...
                    X