• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scooter's official iPad thread prediction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scooter's official iPad thread prediction

Love it or loth it, it's going to sell well. Millions of them, easily.

I've had a day to review big jesus pad and despite some sort comings (i.e no camera or multitasking ability) this is going to make the stephen fry's of the world very happy indeed.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 28 January 2010, 18:07.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Love it or loth it, it's going to sell well. Millions of them, easily.

I've had a day to review big jesus pad and despite some sort comings (i.e no camera or multitasking ability) this is going to make the gullible of the world very happy indeed.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

This thing can become a very cost effective solution for futuristic looking pads in Sci-Fi movies.

Then again maybe not - it would probably push up the cost as show writers would have to come up with much more Sci-Fi-ish devices.

Comment

Sorry to bring this old link back but seeing as you've now started 5 threads on the subject of an Apple product: One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          Sorry to bring this old link back but seeing as you've now started 5 threads on the subject of an Apple product: One thing PC users can do that Mac users can't.

wot - Crash? Well whatever turns you off.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My experience of Mac users is that they're quite shallow, possibly egotistical. Swayed by looks and image over functionality, and always banging on about the fact that they use a Mac.

I'm far more interested in someone telling me they use Linux than a Mac.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

There used to be Macs in the past, now they are FreeBSD with fancy GUI running on Intel x86-64 hardware - it's a PC for all intents and purposes only more expensive, can't run easily huge library of software created for x86 PCs.

Not that I care

Comment

I do some support for ClientCo (music software), I can always tell when a Mac user has a problem - "it doesn't work" is all I usually get in the email.

I get the impression that they think to install software all is needed is to wave a disc in front of the monitor
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  I get the impression that they think to install software all is needed is to wave a disc in front of the monitor.
                  Oh, shouldn't I do that?

Seriously, when I first used a Mac back in, whenever it was, early nineties, it was actually the installation process that made me go wow. You put the disk in and dragged the contents over to the hard drive. I was bowled over. I couldn't believe how quickly you could build a system.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    My experience of Mac users is that they're quite shallow, possibly egotistical. Swayed by looks and image over functionality, and always banging on about the fact that they use a Mac.

I'm far more interested in someone telling me they use Linux than a Mac.
                    Apple are certainly good at building a box to put a PC inside. Not so sure about the software though.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X