• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's Upon Us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Upon Us....

...The Weekend. What are we all up to?

I know it's early, but - that's how I roll.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

I've got to fish out my work stuff that has been languishing in the back of the wardrobe for the last four months. Should I grace the first day with a red or blue tie?

Comment

Might go for half a day's skiing.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
        I've got to fish out my work stuff that has been languishing in the back of the wardrobe for the last four months. Should I grace the first day with a red or blue tie?
        Well done. Neither, it might look a bit political. Have you got a Homer Simpson tie?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Plan B tomorrow. Two rich fatties paying me to kick them into shape!
          Sunday rugby, if it stops snowing.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Exciting weekend for me - I've just started a wedding\prom car business as one of a few plan B's and it's our first Wedding Fair on Sunday. We've got a stand there and are supposed to be showing one of our cars as well but it's touch and go whether it's going to be finished in time. The car has been in the garage for 4 months being restored and is 99% finished. I'm doing some running about today to pick up bits to complete it in between doing some proper work. The mechanics are on standby but it all depends on whether other people have done what they've promised....I'll know by lunchtime....
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Well done. Neither, it might look a bit political. Have you got a Homer Simpson tie?
              Actually I have a dilemma. I will be working for the Indian outsourcer and, unless they are a "higher up", they can't afford a more formal style of dress. However, I will be on site with my ex colleagues who do dress more formally. Since I'm to be the liaison between the two, do I go casual or formal?

Comment

Lockhouse, that sounds interesting.

What cars do you have ?

this weekend, Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon Benes family will hit the slopes again like the last few weekends, there is a village 15minutes from us with 700m ski slope and cannons for when it's not snowing and they have a pister, the youngest (2.5) has started skiing this season so we'll all be on the slopes

Milan.

Comment

Doing the self-assessment online, assuming the HMRC websheite doesn't fall over this year.

May try to delay it till sunday evening, I like living dangerously.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                    Doing the self-assessment online, assuming the HMRC websheite doesn't fall over this year.

May try to delay it till sunday evening, I like living dangerously.
                    I like to call that 'SA chicken'. That's living on the edge, that is.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X