• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukraine ’s Got Talent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine ’s Got Talent

I had to watch this video twice over it was that moving...

This video shows the winner of 2009’s " Ukraine ’s Got Talent", Kseniya Simonova, 24, drawing a series of pictures on an illuminated sand table showing how ordinary people were affected by the German invasion during World War II. Her talent, which admittedly is a strange one, is mesmeric to watch.

The images, projected onto a large screen, moved many in the audience to tears and she won the top prize of about $75,000.

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.

It is replaced by a woman’s face crying, but then a baby arrives and the woman smiles again. Once again war returns and Miss Simonova throws the sand into chaos from which a young woman’s face appears.

She quickly becomes an old widow, her face wrinkled and sad, before the image turns into a monument to an Unknown Soldier.

This outdoor scene becomes framed by a window as if the viewer is looking out on the monument from within a house.

In the final scene, a mother and child appear inside and a man standing outside, with his hands pressed against the glass, saying goodbye.

The Great Patriotic War, as it is called in Ukraine , resulted in one in four of the population being killed with eight to 11 million deaths out of a population of 42 million.

An art critic said:
    "I find it difficult enough to create art using paper and pencils or paintbrushes, but using sand and fingers is beyond me. The art, especially when the war is used as the subject matter, even brings some audience members to tears. And there’s surely no bigger compliment."
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

F**k me!

Threaded, stop pissing about with that time machine will you?

We've just gone back 6 months!

Comment

Scooter, has some Mac update restored your browser to a few month back?

Comment

yes, but can she cook?

Comment

I think she's doing Twinings tea adverts now.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

aye, a certain geek of the board game subspecies posted about that a whiel ago. But I might have to watch it again now...

Bulgaria meanwhile, hasn't Got Talent:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Bulgaria meanwhile, hasn't Got Talent:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RgL2MKfWTo
              Ken Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                F**k me!

Threaded, stop pissing about with that time machine will you?

We've just gone back 6 months!

Good gracious
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  Ken Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                  Just saw her improved version:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT18LZItBLA
                  My faith in the human spirit is restored. I am going to get loads of work done this afternoon.
                  Brava valentina

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Scooter, has some Mac update restored your browser to a few month back?
                    He's using iTime

Bored of the internet? Read everything of interest?
                    Get the new iTime from Apple. It will delete up to 12 months of your memory allowing for a new world of fresh discovery.
                    Plus you might forget about that £2000 new iMac you just bought and buy another one from us
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X