• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cashback ripoff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cashback ripoff

Just booking a train ticket london to wales on thetrainline.com. Lovely cheap prices coming up for my trains and even a really good offer on the inbound for first class.

Tried the same on thetrainline.com having clicked from a cashback site. Its thetrainline.com but the pages are different and so are the prices - they are higher.

Barstewards
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Just booking a train ticket london to wales on thetrainline.com. Lovely cheap prices coming up for my trains and even a really good offer on the inbound for first class.

Tried the same on thetrainline.com having clicked from a cashback site. Its thetrainline.com but the pages are different and so are the prices - they are higher.

Barstewards
    Don't bother coming to Wales, It's just started snowing rather heavily
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Book on national rail also and you'll not be charged a booking fee, as you are on the trainline.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post

Barstewards
        Would not touch thetrainline site, pile of crap.

And they paid the invoices late

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Do I see an implied admission of guilt there?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            I have to travel down to Bristol next week for some business.. from childhood memories of collecting fossils off the beach near the bridge I seem to recall it's rather close proximity to the leper colony - does one still have to pay a toll heading West but not the other way?

Also I watched an interesting article this morning by Fred Dibnah on Edward 1 Welsh castles - bit perplexed to see the Welsh dragon flying from the battlements - surely for historical accuracy all the castles should be flying the Cross of St George or three lions passant guardant?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              does one still have to pay a toll heading West but not the other way?
              That's right, only the English pay, but they can leave again for free, as soon as they like.

(The Welsh, understandably, only have to pay when they come home. Bearing English money.)
              If you read the best 3 books in any subject, you'll be in the top 5% of experts in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Do I see an implied admission of guilt there?
                Was not near that bit Think there was a high involvment of bobs kicking about some of these systems.

It was like working for the dot coms again, same kind of attitude, doubt they will survive as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Well I hope it melts again as my tickets are non-refundable. Don't really want to be there in the first place (almost a long story).

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Book on national rail also and you'll not be charged a booking fee, as you are on the trainline.
                  damn - saw that advice too late but it was only a £1 plus £3.50 credit card fee.
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Bought a ticket today, cheapest single at the station = £16.00 or £3.50 + £1.00 on thetrainline, £6.00 for first class. It’s worth it for Weekend tickets.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X