• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This bloke doesn't like Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This bloke doesn't like Labour

I had to laugh at this comment to the Times article Gordon Brown must pray voters forget this was his war too

Russell James wrote:
    "Brown also hopes the public will forget it is Labour that has:
    1. Produced record peacetime debt and a UK record peacetime deficit.
    2. Allowed the UK to drop in international math’s and literacy rankings.
    3. Introduced hundreds of new taxes on the middle class.
    4. Caused council tax to double for the middle classes.
    5. Introduced thousands of petty new laws.
    6. Created an authoritarian police state oppressing legitimate protest, photography and law abiding citizens.
    7. Doubled the length of tax law and created a mass of new regulations.
    8. Sold the UK's gold reserves at the bottom of the market.
    9. Ripped up a proven system of financial regulation allowing UK banks to fail.
    10. Destroyed the best private pension provision in Europe.
    11. Destroyed more of the UK's manufacturing sector than any previous government.
    12. Politicized the police, the civil service, and education.
    13. Produced falling productivity in public sector despite massive increase in spending.
    14. Overseen the rise of the unaccountable, unsackable, feather-bedded bureaucrat, taking control over every aspect of people's lives.
    15. Introduced new GP contracts increasing average pay to over £100,000 whilst reducing services (most GPs refuse to provide care during evenings and weekends).
    16. Caused the arrest of an opposition MP for doing his job.
    17. Encouraged house prices to rise and be unaffordable for workers on average salaries.
    18. Caused soaring knife and violent crime in our cities by taking police off the streets.
    19. Debased politics with endless re-announcements of the same policy, cash for peerages, lies, spin, smear and deceit.
    20. Failed to provide our military with the tools for the job.
    21. Introduced non-jury Crown court trials.
    22. Allowed over 3 million immigrants into the UK to take almost of all new jobs created.
    23. Caused over 1 million young people to be unemployed."

Top rant But he's probably right - voters will have forgotten most of that.

Plus Retrospective Taxation, and allowing HMRC to put you under investigation for something that they think might become law at some point in the future.

It's a Banana Republic!
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
      Plus Retrospective Taxation, and allowing HMRC to put you under investigation for something that they think might become law at some point in the future.

It's a Banana Republic!
      We don’t even get the benefit of banana republic weather
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        We don’t even get the benefit of banana republic weather
        Nor bananas.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I had to laugh at this comment to the Times article Gordon Brown must pray voters forget this was his war too

Russell James wrote:
          "Brown also hopes the public will forget it is Labour that has:
          1. Produced record peacetime debt and a UK record peacetime deficit.
          2. Allowed the UK to drop in international math’s and literacy rankings.

Top rant But he's probably right - voters will have forgotten most of that.
          maths. Fixed that literacy problem for you.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
            It possibly can be used there to signal the omissions from mathematics. Maybe, I don't care really.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
              I think it was a little joke (maybe I'm giving too much credit).

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                I think it was a little joke (maybe I'm giving too much credit).
                He doesn't do jokes.

I cut and pasted it verbatim, so blame Russell James

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  He doesn't do jokes.

I cut and pasted it verbatim, so blame Russell James
                  Exactly. The intelligent reader will have noted that I did not simply use "FTFY" as if it had been your literacy problem.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

Working...
                  X