• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ed F*****g Balls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed F*****g Balls

I'm not the greatest fan of flying but I put up with it 'cos I have to. I just try and make it a little less stressful by paying extra to reserve my seat online so I at least get to sit by the window at the back where you don't have to wait long for the drinks to come round .

Well, tonight I went to my allocated seat and was stopped in my tracks by the flight attendant who explained that they had to put an unaccompanied minor in that seat and that the adjacent seats had to remain vacant (or filled by other kids) as they weren't allowed to let an unaccompanied child sit next to a stranger.

Now, I didn't have time to argue with her about this but I'm guessing that it's got something to do with those pernicious new laws drawn up by Ed Balls in which everyone is treated as a potential paedophile because I've been flying a lot over the past couple of years and have definitely wound up sat next to unaccompanied kids before. To add insult to injury, I ended up squashed between 2 fatties in the middle seat. Not happy at all

sue
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

This is just plane wrong.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        A bit difficult that. Client Co. own the airline!

Comment

What about single female strangers? Are they not potential threats also? thinking of recent Plymouth case
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            What about single female strangers? Are they not potential threats also? thinking of recent Plymouth case
            This was any adult tonight. Rest of plane was full & he had all 3 seats to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
              A bit difficult that. Client Co. own the airline!
              who paid for the ticket? If they did, hard luck, if you did, well that's business isn't it, though to be polite find out how long you can wait legally before starting a law-suit then get another gig in the meantime
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                who paid for the ticket? If they did, hard luck, if you did, well that's business isn't it, though to be polite find out how long you can wait legally before starting a law-suit then get another gig in the meantime
                To be honest, I was more pissed off about losing my window seat and ending up wedged between 2 rather portly individuals than anything else. Maybe there's a lawsuit in there somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                  To be honest, I was more pissed off about losing my window seat and ending up wedged between 2 rather portly individuals than anything else. Maybe there's a lawsuit in there somewhere!
                  At least the exit aisle is safe for adults from kids - they can't put kids there - tomorrow I fly and I just managed to get the window on exit aise
                  This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    At least the exit aisle is safe for adults from kids - they can't put kids there - tomorrow I fly and I just managed to get the window on exit aise
                    Yes, it cuts both ways. In a lot of ways I'm quite happy not to have to sit next to kids. I recently sat next to 2 revolting brats who farted all the way to Alicante.

Comment

Working...
                    X